Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

I've been searchin


Basswood Trees heavy with blooms
I have been looking for some nectar plants. I have some positive news.
I had to do a road trip into Wisconsin tonight. The Lift Bridge is closed so I had to go the long way. As I was driving on 94 near Hudson, I did see some White Sweet Clover blooming in the center median.
 Sara in Red Wing emailed me and said she finally has the White Sweet Clover blooming down there.
As I was coming home through Stillwater tonight, I did see some Basswoods blooming near Cub foods.
 So it looks like some things are moving forward, let's hope the nectar is there for our hungry bees.