Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This warm weather is great

The warm weather has been great. A few of my colonies that were a little weak have beefed up with some late season feeding. My light in weight colonies I have been feeding Pro Sweet syrup. The Pro Sweet is perfect for light colonies. The bees put in the cells and don't have to turn it to honey. Being there is no conversion by the bees and no drying to get the water out, Pro Sweet quickly brings the weight up on my colonies. I think if this weather persists for a little while, all of my colonies that I am going to winter will be looking sweet.