Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Wedding Favors


The bride and groom

photo by Neza S.G.
3 oz Hex Jar

My daughter was married two weeks ago. It was a very fun wedding. The bride and groom did a great job planning the affair. The music was a swing dance band. Wendy and I did a 3 class community ed swing dance class. I think we did OK. I wasn't throwing her over my shoulder, but she did get twirled a time or two.
At every place setting there was a 3 oz hex jar of honey. The label had the phrase above and the photo of the bride and groom. The picture of the jar above you can just see the edge of the photo.
I bought Avery label #8162 that fit the jar nicely. At the Avery website I downloaded the Design Pro software. I was able to pick my font and add the cropped photo. Also a border and some color to the label.
On the top of the jar is a round gold sticker of two hearts. We found them at Micheal's. The stickers fit perfect with a little fudge room to work with.
The favors were a big hit we had many requests for more, but we only bought enough for the guests and a few extras.