Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Annual Extracting Workshop


My annual extracting workshop will be held on Sunday August 17 at 2 - 4pm. It is free of charge to attend.
It will be limited to 50 people. Due to its popularity first time beekeepers only. I am sorry but I have to limit this to folks who have never been here before.
My disclaimer: Caution should be taken as there can be bees flying around and bee stings can and will happen.

We will demonstrate:

  • Methods of pulling honey off the hive
  • Using a hot knife for uncapping
  • Spinning the frames in an extractor
  • Filtering honey
  • Bottling a bear to take home
  • Setting up a hive for winter
This is a hands on demonstration and everyone is welcome to try out the equipment.
Please RSVP me to sign up. 651-439-8793